The Liebster Award 2017 – Another Nomination!
This morning as I was reviewing my site comments, things have been slow, I was excited to see a new comment, and even more so when I saw that Preeti Gaur at scenarioroflife.com, notified me she was choosing me as 1 of 5 nominees for the Liebster Award, an Award by and for bloggers.
Preeti has a lovely blog that covers: all things beauty (and it is working for her), hacks and tips, recipes, relationship, family, health, experiences, and DIY projects. Check out Preeti’s blog she wrote a touching post on how her father was her inspiration for writing.
If you are like me you may have seen the Liebster Award on other people’s Facebook pages, but not really know much more so here is a brief overview. If you choose to accept the award follow this link The Global Aussie to learn more, I heard there is a prize if you are selected, and who doesn’t love prizes.
The Liebster award is an online award for up and coming bloggers with audiences of 200 or less, which is great for those of us just getting things off the ground. Once you have been nominated, you are given a set of questions to answer and then you get to “pass it on” to other bloggers. It is a great way for bloggers to network, check out each other’s sites and create a community, so on that note a few fun things about me.
- Titles: Wife, mother, social worker, aspiring blogger and a child of God.
- What makes me happy: sunrises, sunsets, and my family.
- My strength Is my perseverance I may change the route to get to my goals but I don’t change the goal.
- I love the blogging world because the people are real and they are true journalists.
- I have three children, to include twins who were born in Germany
- One day I will have a large acreage, and live off the land
- Pets: would love to have a couple German Shepherds, horses, goats, chickens….
- I let my hair go naturally white because I wanted to live a healthier life away from chemicals.
- I hate roller coasters, I went on one on a date with my now husband, over 31 years ago and I said never again and have kept true to my word.
- I love to read, write and learn new things.
My Nominees: I checked over 20 different sites before I chose these based on their content, writing, and varying interests/topics.
Andrea Lynch at Learnthelegacy.com
Ashley at Navigatingtheyears.com
Kiersten at hikinginmyflipflops.com
Cindy Rodgers at tapestryofourlives.com
Kristen at riseandbrine.com
If you decide to participate here are my questions for you:
- What is your greatest strength?
- What do you need to work on?
- What drew you to blogging?
- What/who would you recommend as resources for new bloggers?
- Does writing come natural or is it something you have to work at?
- What is your inspiration(s)?
- What are topics you as a reader like?
- What advice would you give up and coming bloggers?
- What is your greatest frustration when reading someone else’s blog?
- If you could do anything what would it be?
Here are my answers to Preeti’s questions :
- What do you enjoy most about blogging? what don’t I love about blogging haha? Blogging is a way for me to share with others all over the world, connect with like-minded people, learn new things/ways, and it is my road to being the captain of my own ship.
- Why did u start blogging? What inspired you? Before I really knew anything about blogging, several years ago I started documenting my weight loss journey. Like a lot of people, it has been a long one, but I keep trying. Recently I saw an advertisement for blogging through Heather and Pete Reece at Itsalovelylife.com, and I have been hooked since.
- Aside from your own site, what’s your favorite blog? Right now I would have to say Itsalovelylife.com Heather and Pete have been a wealth of information and support.
- What do you find most challenging about blogging? Technology, WordPress is a beast I wish it was more user-friendly, but it is free so there is that.
- What do you do when you get writer’s block? I haven’t really had that problem, I have more of a problem with being satisfied with my work, just post it already lol.
- Is blogging your full-time job? If not then how do you manage it? I wish, and it will be one day, I use my work lunch hour, evenings and weekends to work on blog/site.
- Your house is on fire! Aside from people, what do you save? My phone so I can call the fire department, and video the carnage. It will make a great post and the video could go viral!
- If you have a book you re-read often, what is it? If not, what’s your favorite book? J.R.R Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings. I read that book as a child with my brother, I read it to my kids, and I read it to a kindergarten class (or started at least), and when I have time I go back to it. It has a lot of lessons in it and I love fantasy.
- What is your favorite time of the year? I don’t think I really have a favorite time of year. I am starting to like winter less.
- What is your favorite inspirational quote/quotes? Anything that has to do with perseverance, resiliency and don’t quit, don’t ever quit.
- What motivates you to keep blogging? Potential and I love writing.
Follow these simple steps to accept the nomination:
- Write about the Liebster Award on your blog and of course answer the questions I have for you.
- Nominate other bloggers you feel who deserves the award.
- Notify your nominees.
Thank you, Preeti, and Jack at The Global Aussie for keeping The Liebster Award alive and my nominees whether they participate or not.
Readers …Wish to get involved? Tell 3-5 random facts about yourself in the comment section below. And if you would like to share your thoughts, then please feel free to do so.
Blessings and Best Wishes to all the Nominees.
AnitaFollow us on social media: